Monday, April 27, 2009

I am Ted Mosby

If you've never heard of Hulu, take that rock you've been living under and bash your skull in with it. Hulu is the greatest gift the internet has given us since sliced bread delivered to your home (thank you Fresh Direct). I started watching a bunch of new television shows this season and thanks to Hulu I can catch them online when I have time.

One of my regulars is How I Met Your Mother. I started watching about a year ago and was all caught up in about 2 weeks.

The show used to start with a scene featuring two teenagers on a couch and the caption "2025." The narrator, voiced by Bob Saget, addressed those "kids" telling them the story about the time when...(cut to present for the actual episode). The idea is that all these stories lead to the story of how Ted Mosby (one of the main characters) met his wife and mother of those kids.

Anyway, last week's episode, entitled "Mosbius Designs" tells the story of Ted as he starts up his own architecture firm out of his apartment. Ted is an architect by trade who was working for a large firm up until recently. I too should have been an architect. Here I am, un(der)employed and in debt with a law degree, when I really want to work in real estate, maybe for a developer. If I had the architecture background I could be planning something better than the awful looking buildings sprouting up in Manhattan and surrounding boroughs. Of course at the same time I am working on a number of business ideas, one of which is real estate related.

Ted has had an interesting relationship history. Some noteworthy relationships include an on-again-off-again with Robin (the token Canadian main character), the overplayed relationship with the divorcee from Jersey (played by Sarah Chalke of Scrubs fame), and that girl who was crazy but Ted was too clueless to see that.

Do you really think I am going to run through my relationship history? HA! I will say that I never dated a Jersey girl but did have a Robin who was not born in the United States. Ted and I are both single. By 2025, Ted is married and has two teenage children. I see myself married with children then too.

There are more similarities but here are a few minor differences. I dress a lot better than Ted and do not own a pair of g-kwok approved red cowboy boots (which made another appearance this week). Ted has a much nicer apartment than me and also a hot (albeit Canadian and in real life very pregnant) roommate.

Catch How I Met Your Mother on Monday nights on CBS or on your favorite legal (or illegal) website. And please do not call me Theodore, Theo, or even Ted.

They say that we're dreaming too big. I say this town's too small!

-Ryan Star, Brand New Day (Theme to Lie to Me)
[This quote feature is new but expect something on every post based on a song stuck in my head or something related to this post]

3 comments:

  1. I think you should grow your hair like Ted Mosby so the transformation can be complete. Sideburns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is in the year 2030 not 2025.
    They're G-CWOKs not G-KWOKs (Gay Couple WithOut Kids)
    You need (better) fact-checkers Teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are looking great the way you are..
    Nice pictures and also a great blog..

    Thanks for sharing it
    Good going,Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete