Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally a reason to go to California

As fun as it would be to continue a certain blog war with Danielle, I don't think it needs to go beyond "I HAVE NO INTEREST IN SEEING SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE REGARDLESS OF HOW CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED IT WAS!"

There were other topics of conversation that night. For one, we also discussed her desire/plan to move to California. I have never been to the left coast. [Been as far as Edmonton, Alberta Canada, which is in the Canadian Rockies for those non-moose loving or geographically challenged folk.] I want to go out there and ride along the coast on my most awesome Cannondale roadbike, and also see friends, hit the beaches and check out the girls. Not that there aren't enough fake or enhanced girls in New York!

[NOTE: I would never go out there and escape the seasons. I am perfectly content with my New York summers and winters. I love the beach and love to ski. I can do without spring and fall.]

ANYWAY, Danielle asked me if I would visit her if she moved out there. Considering that in my many years of existence I have never ventured out there, was this enough to tip the scales, and go west (albeit for a brief vacation)?

I said yes because that's always the right thing to say, but then yesterday I finally got a good reason to go to California. After that football game last night (which I did watch very intently), I went online to re-watch the Audi commercial with Jason Statham ("The Transporter" or "El Transportador" south of the border). I also found this other Audi commercial which did not air in the US.

And THIS is why I need to go to California:

1 comment:

  1. Ok first of all, I think it's pretty awesome that I have my own tag.

    And second, you would of course be welcome if and when I do move to the Left Coast. But you should know, I think the city of San Francisco frowns on downhill skiing in their streets. Much like Venice frowns on swimming in their canals. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete