Monday, May 18, 2009

Kids, let me tell you about the time when...

...I finally got around to posting on this blog.

It's amazing that since January, I went from daily posts to posting on weekly basis. I'm still here so at least I kept one of my resolutions. It's not that I have nothing to write or that I don't care about my loyal readers (I'm optimistic that there's more than one). I come up with ideas for posts all the time but never actually get around to writing about them. I have a saved draft which contains a list of topics so I don't forget them but by the time I get around to write about them, they are no longer current so I exercise my pinkie and reach for that backspace key.

Of course today's edition was more than just to give another reason for lack of frequent posts. I was inspired to blog tonight after watching the season finale of How I Met Your Mother. As you probably gathered from previous posts (or the fact that I have a HIMYM tag) I'm quite a fan of the show. Well tonight's show was so inspirational that I actually used the word "inspire" twice.

SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU DID NOT SEE THE EPISODE YET, WATCH IT ONLINE AND CONTINUE READING IN 22 MINUTES. I WILL TRY NOT TO REVEAL ANYTHING CRUCIAL TO THE EPISODE BUT WATCH THE SHOW ANYWAY.

First, a quick round of "What Did We Learn" from tonight's episode?
To "pull a Mosby" means to tell a girl (or other half) how much you love her just so she can say no and push you away. In short, a great way to sabotage a relationship. (Exhibit A: Ted and Robin)

The show ended with the message to take that leap. [Editor's note: This is not a public service announcement condoning suicide. This leap is actually a metaphor if you choose to keep reading. But while I'm on the subject, maybe some people should just jump off their nearest tall structure. And while I'm being mean and hateful, over the many years of my life, I've season several examples of why abortion should be legal at all stages of pregnancy.]

...But I digress.

If you aren't completely repulsed by my views or attitude, back to this post. All the characters were facing some sort of struggle or challenge and rather than leave us the typical season finale cliffhanger (beyond the never ending question as to who is the mother) they all took a leap. I will not tell you what they did or how it played out, but I too am going to take a leap.

After a lazy day doing a little work-related research and not much else, I am declaring tomorrow a day of more productivity. I made a list of all the things I want to accomplish. A wise man once said "The road to productivity starts with a list." He also said "The road to discovery begins with scrapping that list" but I don't want to go there yet.

The leap started with this post, will continue tomorrow with a productive day (until I lose my list or get distracted), and will extend to an ongoing covert operation with Agent RW. Hopefully I will stay productive and ultimately score a new job.

That's all folks!

"Go on, get up, get out, don't even think about it,
you don't need to leave it behind but you can live without it,
jump in your car like you're ready to ride
You got a buck forty-five left to keep you alive"
-My Favorite Highway, Getaway Car

No comments:

Post a Comment