Friday, January 2, 2009

Fortune Cookies

I like Chinese food. Actually, I like most ethnic cuisine as long as I can identify some of the main ingredients. After the food itself, the next best part of a Chinese dinner has to be the fortune cookies. I don't believe in the prophetic value of those little notes or play the "lucky numbers" even they once paid off big time. Yet I still take the fortune with me and over the years have a nice collection of fortunes that are vague enough that they may be true, putting Miss Cleo to shame. I collect them to honor Confucious, the first fortune cookie writer. Some were quite humrous so kudos to the guy in the factory making 3 cents an hour to come up with this stuff.

This was last night's fortune:
"You can have your cake and eat it to"

Well I was celebrating a birthday (not mine) and then went to the birthday's home for some cake. Sure enough I ate it. I'll let you know if there's a deeper meaning to this. It would have been more fitting before I went out New Years eve--probably would have altered the entire night and thrown the planet out of orbit.

If you're interested, the lucky numbers are 31, 18, 37, 33, 16, and 47 (yes, written in that order).

Good luck and if you win, I want a piece of the winnings.

2 comments:

  1. I once got a fortune that said "Good clothes open many doors. Go shopping." So I went shopping and bought some good clothes, and sure enough, someone opened a door for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a few suits about 2 months ago, and shirts, ties, and even shoes. Just need more opportunities to suit up.

    ReplyDelete