Tuesday, January 6, 2009

SCRUBS!!!

Can you tell that I'm excited that Scrubs is making it's return tonight??? Ok, WAY too much redundant punctuation.

I'm a huge fan of the show Scrubs. Been watching it since it premiered 7 years ago. What started out as a 30 minute time-filler became a weekly gathering in either my dorm or my neighbor's place. Here I am several years removed from dormlife and I haven't missed an episode. The internet has helped a lot because I do not stop life so I can watch a television show. After 6 years of decent ratings on NBC, the show will conclude with this final season on ABC.

Scrubs is a 30 minute comedy showing the lighter side of medicine. It stars Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, John C. McGinley, etc. John C. McGinley is THAT guy. Like a William H. Macy--pops up everywhere but no one remembers his name.

For those Scrubs virgins, you can probably get them on iTunes but they are also floating around the internet (questionably legal). I recommend the first episode and then my personal favorite (season 3, episode 14). You can catch up with the rest later.

Once you start, you'll long for Dr. Cox's rants, J.D's man-crush on Turk, the Janitor tormenting JD, and The Todd. FUN FACT: the Janitor originally was only seen by J.D. but grew into a real staff member at Sacred Heart Hospital.

There is quite the cult following including fansites and drinking games. Tons of clips are available on YouTube and I suggest searching "Scrubs outtakes" and "Dr. Cox rants."

Catch it out tonight at 9pm on ABC!

[Wow, I'm a dork]

No comments:

Post a Comment