Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Fortune Cookie

The people (ok, really it's just one person) at Death of the Courtesy Wave would like to wish all of our Chinese readers a very happy Year of the Ox.

There was a time when I actually knew what each year meant, but alas, three years of law school corrupted my brain, filling it with lots of useless information. At this point all I know is that the plural of ox is oxen, just as the plural of box is boxen.

(If you don't believe that last part, ask Brian Regan.)

In honor of the new year, I thought I would treat myself to some Chinese...and not in the Maury Povich kinda way. As always, the fortune cookie was the second best part, this time coming after my beef with garlic sauce.

Tonight's fortune:
"Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter"

Hmmm... what to make of this?

Well if I add the traditional "in bed" at the end, it would actually make the fortune worse. Maybe it's professional rather than personal? I guess the cookie is telling me to get a move on that intern. I've needed one for some time but I can't offer salary or even college credit until my business is more established so I'm stuck and don't want to do certain research.

Looks like another Confucious-ism with no answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment